• To parents registering students in St. Helena Primary School:

    You will need to fill out all the necessary registration forms and provide us with the following documentation before school begins:

    Original birth certificate (we will make our own copy)
    Immunization Records (records must be complete in order to attend first day of kindergarten)
    Verification of residency in this district.


    Before any student is assigned to attend a St. Helena Unified School or anytime an address is changed once enrolled, his/her parent or legal guardian must provide documents from the following three categories (a total of four items must be submitted):

    CATEGORY 1: One of the following with the parent/guardian name and current address:

    • Current California Driver’s License (it is a felony to falsify information on a driver’s license with intent to fraud)
    • Current California State Identification Card (it is a felony to falsify information on a state identification card with intent to fraud)
    • Current Passport or Consulate-Issued Picture I.D. Military I.D./Orders


    CATEGORY 2: One of the following original document with the parent/guardian name and address:

    • Current mortgage payment dated within the past 60 days or real estate documents indicating and verifying a change of residence (e.g., sale and purchase)
    • State or Federal Tax Return filed within the past 12 months with W-2 forms attached; Business returns do not meet residency requirements
    • Property Tax Bill with parent’s name and property address indicating home owner’s exemption
    • Management Company Rental/Lease Agreement (and if possible the last two months’ receipts); agreement must include parent’s name, student’s name, address, manager’s/owner’s name and phone number (this will be verified by a phone call or visit).


    CATEGORY 3: Two of the following original documents with parent/guardian name and address (items cannot be from the same bullet):

    • W-2 form dated within the past year or a payroll stub/check dated within the last month A Government I.D. or communication from a government agency (e.g., voter registration)
    • Current P.G.& E., cable, water, cell or garbage bill dated within the past 60 days
    • Bank or credit card statement dated within the last 60 days or valid vehicle registration with current address



    Families found to be in violation of the residency policy will face strict penalties, including dismissal from school.

    Investigation and Enforcement

    SHUSD reserves the right to investigate addresses at any time to verify residency through an audit of records and/or unannounced home visits.

    SHUSD reserves the right to employ a private investigator to conduct home visits.

    Any family under review may be required to present additional proofs of residency beyond those outlined above.